chuck grinding/truing attachment

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

lathegear

chuck grinding/truing attachment

Post by lathegear »

Hello everyone, I could not take seeing that "flycutter" title on the board anymore so I decided to post this project I just finished. Not too pretty but it worked like a charm. It trued my jaws right up (using the re-ground chuck felt better than a shave and a haircut). The fixture is on the chuck backwards for clarity and the dremel attachment worked well, taking light cuts. The 1/4 allen screws hold the jaws in tension towards the centerline of the lathe which I have been told is the right way to accomplish this. I bet this looks sort of familiar to someone on this board..... Image

I have been wondering why very few take advantage of this photo album to share their work with others Image. If you ask me a picture is worth a thousand words. Even simple projects would be fun to look at and the best part is it's free.... for the most part. I feel for those who have no way of posting their pictures or images for lack of a digital camera or whatever circumstances prevent it Image. Scott.
Patenteux47

Re: chuck grinding/truing attachment

Post by Patenteux47 »

Well done. How would you rate the flexable grinding outfit? Are they worth the money?
oldbrock

how?

Post by oldbrock »

I have tried every which way to view the images with no success. What's the secret, Computer challenged, .Peter
Jose Rivera

Link

Post by Jose Rivera »

Your link is dead :cry:
oldbrock

link dead

Post by oldbrock »

Thanks Jose, so it is, so it is. Peter