Rockwell/Delta drillpress Parts??

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

JimGlass

Rockwell/Delta drillpress Parts??

Post by JimGlass »

Are parts available for this old drillpress. This is a pic of the one where I work. I'm buying one identical to it. Never thought I would find one but a friend in Iowa has it. The one I'm buying is missing the quil return spring and the spindle depth collar and locking knob. By some miricle are these parts available anywhere. I'm fortunant to be able to copy the existing parts from the drillpress at work and duplicate them in my own shop.

Let me know
Thanks,
Jim
Tool & Die Maker/Electrician, Retired 2007

So much to learn and so little time.

www.outbackmachineshop.com
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Re: Rockwell/Delta drillpress Parts??

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Jim, they were also made by Walker Turner a Division of Kearney & Trecker I beleive. I think just swiping the number off the one at your work might well turn up the clock spring at Delta. Watch eBay for old parts too.
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
David_Brown

Post by David_Brown »

Walker Turner made dril presses. Later acquired by Delta. Delta, in turn was purchased by Rockwell when Rockwell decided to be in the woodworking business. Later Rockwell decided that doing military work at cost plus profit was a better bet and sold off the woodworking mfg to Pentair and so the company reverted to the Delta name. Pentair also owns Porter Cable and Devilbiss among other brands.
fredwhite

Post by fredwhite »

It looks just like the one in my basement - except mine says Walker Turner. Delta has some parts for it. They also sent me a parts list several (years ago).

It's a fine drill press and for $1,000,000 I'll post a picture of the speed reducing pulley assy I added to it.
I think I have a copy ( that I bought on eBay ) of an advertising brochure showing the way Walker- Turner did the speed reduction.

My suspicion is that a few of the parts on this are still used on the last design they did on this machime
fredwhite

Post by fredwhite »

I was wrong - the brochure is for an 18" Buffalo. I do have an advertising brochure copy for Walker Turner 20" Drill Presses ( which is published by Rockwell )
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Incidentally, I have a Walker Turner Step pulley 15" Drill press that looks like yours, though someone scrapped the belt cover long ago. If anyone runs across one let me know.
Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"