New (used) Bandsaw

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

JC

New (used) Bandsaw

Post by JC »

Got Myself a new bandsaw..well..its a used saw..got it from a 71 yr old little old lady..she bought it new and used it once to cut poles for her dock at her lake home..since then its been in her garage,,its a japanese version "Rong Fu" is the name on the label..the manufature date on the label is 1987...paid $100 for it was about 5 miles from me so picked it up Sat..a little adjusting and lube and such and works great cuts very good..I'm pretty happy with it she built the 2x4 wood base it sits on as well..cool story behind her..she used to be a "49er" worked as a heavy equipment operator for 50 years I guess now retired..nice lady and fun to talk to. anyway...heres the pics.

JC
Attachments
Bandsaw2.JPG
Bandsaw1.JPG
Steve_in_Mich

Post by Steve_in_Mich »

Great deal, good gloat. JC, do yourself a favor and make a safety guard for the drive pulleys.
Just because you don’t believe it - doesn’t mean it’s not so.
JC

Post by JC »

Thanks for the reply Steve..thats the one thing that was missing was the belt guard..I have some diamond plate Aluminum I plan to make up a belt guard with..Thanks again.

JC
Steve_in_Mich

Post by Steve_in_Mich »

Al diamond plate should look real nice.

When the belt and pulleys are sticking out it just invites an incident. I bought this compressor new at Sears in 1971 and it had no belt guard on it, unbeliveable. I think it was 3 days before I cobbled up the guard you see on it out of scrap I had on hand.

I had the photo handy because I recently replaced the reed valves and cleaned it up (repainted the motor and guard) for a show-n-tell on another forum. Anyway when you get your guard built I hope you will post some pictures.
Just because you don’t believe it - doesn’t mean it’s not so.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Heh!

Sure brings back memories.

I bought that same compressor model back in the mid 60's for hobby use. I Used it briefly when I started my machine shop, but it didn't hold up to constant use. That's when I bought my 5 horse Quincy.

Aside from the belt guard, it was an instant flashback!

Thanks,

Harold
doogdoog

Post by doogdoog »

Aloha,
That looks like the one that I have (11 gal tank) but now it has a leak from a rusted bottom.

Mahalo,
doogdoog