Cohore Mortor

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

garyroushkolb

Post by garyroushkolb »

I'm guessing -beachwood casey- a brand name
Gerald C

Cohorn mortor 2008

Post by Gerald C »

I'm back !
The weather has finale warmed up and I was able to go back to work on the mortor. (bad not to have heat in the garge) I was able to do the final machining on the trunion caps, and start doing the inlaying of the caps to just below flush of the side rails, this is done to give me room to final sand the rails to flush to the caps. You can't belive how many times you have to remove and blacken the caps and then scrape the wood to bring it down so the caps are below flush! Then I bored the bolt holes for the bolts that hold the sides & end plates together. to bore a hole in one plate and have it come out in the hole of the other side rail was a real treet. fifteen inches of walnut dose not like to be drilled stright, so I came in from both sides and met in the middle, then used a 5/8 bridge reamer to get the holes to match up. the last thing to do was bore the trunion caps hold down bolts holes down thru the side rails. Now i'm wating for warmer days so I can glue the whole thing together. Here is some photos.

Thanks for looking Gerald