Some Logan Lathe Pictures & Tips

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

Conrad_R_Hoffman

Some Logan Lathe Pictures & Tips

Post by Conrad_R_Hoffman »

Hi,

I finally added some pictures of my Logan 211 lathe and a few mods to my website. Go to http://www.conradhoffman.com then the HSM page and click on Logan. There's also some other useful stuff like threading and change gear spreadsheets there and on the downloads page.

Best,
Conrad
Kevin24abc

Nice lathe

Post by Kevin24abc »

I enjoyed viewing the photos of your Logan. I have the same machine, minus the drip pan and legs. You are correct - the originall carriage lock bolt is a square head. I like the handle you made for this. I am going to make a Loop collet chuck for mine. I have purchased the kit and castings from Metal Lathe Accessories. Mine is turning a taper which I need to correct. I suspect that I may have to shim the head. I had that off when I was replacing a broken bull gear. Looks like we're using the same automotive flat belt as well. I modified my tailstock by adding a tang lock to prevent my larger MT2 drill bits from spinning. I also added a Shumatech DRO-350. Thanks for sharing the photos and words.