Underfolder

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

Copperhead

Underfolder

Post by Copperhead »

5.56 x 45

GeneT

Post by GeneT »

Built from Yugo 'kit'? Fabbed receiver, Nodak, Bent blank or flat? You can't just post a photo without any details other than caliber.

GsT
Copperhead

Post by Copperhead »

Unfired Yugo kit. Not sure of the receiver. Heavy gauge, but needed modifications, center support needed moving and notching. Fire control pin needed relocation, safety needed some fab. Also needed some fixin' by the underfolder shaft, did not match up correctly to the rear trunnion.
Parkerized and refinished completely.
Next one will be on a Nodak for sure!!
GeneT

Post by GeneT »

Copperhead wrote:Unfired Yugo kit. Not sure of the receiver. Heavy gauge, but needed modifications, center support needed moving and notching. Fire control pin needed relocation, safety needed some fab. Also needed some fixin' by the underfolder shaft, did not match up correctly to the rear trunnion.
Parkerized and refinished completely.
Next one will be on a Nodak for sure!!
Nice! How did you come across an unfired Yugo kit?

You might try a scratch build. Sometimes it's easier to start with nothing than to start with something that is wrong, or at least not right for you.

GsT
Copperhead

Post by Copperhead »

I picked up a few a coupla years ago. They've been sitting in the safe forever.

I am shopping for a home mill right now. I have use of the machines at work and do quick repairs there, but for something like milling a receiver I need to have more time to fool around with a setup.

You must have been reading my mind!

:D