Pic of shop & some projects

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderators: Harold_V, WJH

GlennW

Re: Pic of shop & some projects

Post by GlennW » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:51 am

Very nice!

Looks like a well thought out part.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!

calgator

Post by calgator » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:28 am

Glenn,

Check my previous posting on this thread, no it was not really thought out the first time, but I did better on the third go around :shock: . The only problem is I need to check the scale clearance every time I remove and attached the follow rest :roll: , so far this is the second time I’ve attached it (and they both have only been to test this).

Jack,

I cut a sample out of aluminum because I have a lot of it and it cuts quick, then once it worked I made it out of CR steel I only had 4x4x12 and I had to cut it down to 3x3x2 before machining. I’m thinking now about making my own follow rest that would attach in a quick and solid connect without needing to check the scale clearance :) . But that is for a later day, right now I’m dealing with a theft from my garage, they took my welder, plasma cutter and the top chest of my tool box, one of my neighbors who I talked with alot saw the hole thing but did not call the police :evil:

Charles
The best times were behind one of Al's engines

chazc

Post by chazc » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi;
After installing a DRO on my B/P mill I am not sure I would like to try that on my Indian lathe that has a taper attachment!! don't think there is enough room.I lkove the work on the hubs.
chaz