Cleaned the shop Quick take a picture !!!

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderators: Harold_V, WJH

Rick

Cleaned the shop Quick take a picture !!!

Post by Rick » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:06 am

After a spring and summer of neglect I finally got around to straightening the shop up and figured I better get a picture of it before I mess it up again. :D
Sorry for the bad picture quality one of these days I will get a real digital camera instead of the bottom of the line one I have now (it came free with a computer I bought)
The shop is 15'x 25'.
Attachments
Picture 112.jpg
Overview looking from back of the Hurco
Picture 115.jpg
94 Hurco KM3-P
Picture 116.jpg
Picture 127.jpg
Picture 126.jpg
Stepper Gantry mill
Picture 125.jpg
Rick

“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Unknown
Murphy's Law: " If it can go wrong it will"
O-Tool's Corollary: "Murphy was entirely too optimistic"

Harold_V

Re: Cleaned the shop Quick take a picture !!!

Post by Harold_V » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:41 pm

Nice looking shop, Rick.
I noticed some large flasks for investment casting. Details?

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

Rick

Post by Rick » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Thanks Harold

Yes those are investment casting flask you see, just to the right of them are my vacuum pumps and the flask are sitting on top of my vacum chamber (Modified old propane tank).

I posted some castings I did a couple of years ago with info on equipment and process
http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/vie ... 14&t=73433

Lately I haven't had much time to work on my stuff. Been busy with family, work and making parts for club members and our club (North Georgia Live Steamers). I have some new molds made (shay wheel centers and a few other items) and need to make a larger flask, I have the material just need to do it. which I will right after I get done modifiying the car trucks for the club and machining a power reverse for a friend.
Rick

“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Unknown
Murphy's Law: " If it can go wrong it will"
O-Tool's Corollary: "Murphy was entirely too optimistic"

Harold_V

Post by Harold_V » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:07 pm

Man, hard to believe it was four years ago we talked about this. Time really flies!

I must confess, I have been so busy with other matters that I had forgotten that exchange. I know that thread is going to be very useful to me in the future. This time I've saved the link where it will be found when needed.

Thanks once gain, Rick.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.