Patio's projects

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderators: Harold_V, WJH

curtis cutter

Re: Patio's projects

Post by curtis cutter » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:49 am

I need to come by and check this out! Nice.
Gregg
Just let go of it, it will eventually unplug itself.

JackF

Post by JackF » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:32 am

Nice job on the end cutters Pat. Your Cutter Master looks similar to mine, did you buy it new? Did you cut those end mills in the position shown in the first pic or did you turn the spindle 90d?

Jack

Patio

Post by Patio » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:35 am

Gregg you are always welcomed here. PM me if you don't have my number.

Thanks Jack.
I did not buy it new. And this is one machine, that I did not get a great deal on, but it is in good condition. Ones like mine are not made any more and don't come around on the used market much. And I know very little about the linage of this series of machines. I did buy it so I can always have a sharp tool, at a moments notice when retired. The learning curve can be hard on endmills . I can not say that one would save any money over a persons period of retirement, vs. buying what one needs, when one needed it.

I did use the grinder in the position it is in the picture.

The clearance angles are created by the distance the wheel is above or below center. I found that information in this book. A wonderful reference!
http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/detail.aspx?id=6637
Read pages 32 through 36.

I bought a box of endmills, from one of the members, here on the board, so I have some to practice on, when I get around to making some time for it.
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!

JackF

Post by JackF » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:57 am

Thanks Pat for the link to the Norton book, this will help me when I try to sharpen some more end mills. :) I have sharpened some already with good results but the Norton book goes into much more detail than the Cutter Master book.

Jack.

Harold_V

Post by Harold_V » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:32 pm

I had good fortune in finding a copy of that book on ebay, although it was a long time ago. You might consider that resource if you'd like a printed copy. Seems like I paid very little for mine (<$10), but I no longer recall the price.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.