Patio's projects

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

Patio

Re: Patio's projects

Post by Patio »

All the wood pieces for the truck camper, have been cut and are temporarily in place.
20170501_160018a.jpg
20170501_160027a.jpg
20170501_160038a.jpg
20170501_160052a.jpg
20170501_160052a.jpg
Next up get the bumper ready!
Gotta find that door for it. It's around here somewhere! :?
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!
neanderman

Post by neanderman »

Very nice, Pat. Great score on the table saw! I have a Unisaw and love it; a Jet would have been my second choice.
Ed

LeBlond Dual Drive, 15x30
US-Burke Millrite MVI
Atlas 618
Files, snips and cold chisels

Proud denizen of the former "Machine Tool Capitol of the World"
JackF

Post by JackF »

Pat, you probably already know that that Biesemeyer fence is worth better than 4X what you paid for the saw. :D Good move. And that saw looks like the Jet cabinet saw which is also quite spendy. Good finds. :D :D

Lookout for the Police. :roll: :wink: :lol:

Jack.
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

Quite the project Pat!
Use a lot of glue!

You'll like the Jet table saw. I have one, just below the cabinet model,with the Jet Xacta-Fence, which looks like your Biesemeyer.
Nice.....I adjusted & squared mine up when I got it, and haven't had to readjust it since.
Much superior to that Craftsman saw I had, that I handed down to my youngest.

Bill
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
Patio

Post by Patio »

Bill, I sold my Craftsman, which we had bought new 25 years ago, to a friend for $75. :) He is happy too!
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

Patio wrote:Bill, I sold my Craftsman, which we had bought new 25 years ago, to a friend for $75. :) He is happy too!
The first table saw I gave my son, if you can really call it a table saw, was an old Craftsman doo-dad that you bolt a Skilsaw to. I bought it shiny new 40 years ago. :)
A pic before I cleaned it up a bit. One of those things that you don't use....and it hides in the attic or something, since you can't throw it away.
Skilsaw Table.jpg
He figured he had cut off a piece of a fat hog when I gave him a 'real' table saw.

:) Bill
Patio

Post by Patio »

Bill, quite an interesting little setup that Craftsman saw was. Still, a blind uncle is still better than no uncle.
I also used lots of glue on all the joints, plus a few screws, some that cost me 14 cents each, but worth the money I think, as I only want to do this once. :)
Jack, the cops never showed up, so maybe I got away with it. :wink:

I have really enjoyed using the table saw. It got some good use, putting the camper back together. It was a bit of work and It came out better than I imagined it would, so I am petty happy with the outcome. Here are some pictures of the finished project.
Untitled-1.jpg
20170604_101345a.jpg
In this picture you should be able to see the few tears that happened during "The incident". :oops: The are filled with silicon and should hold up.
20170604_101318a.jpg
There are two tools that made this project successful.
The first one, was a cordless oscillating saw. The lower edges of all the exterior panels, are stapled to the wood framing. I used the saw to cut all the staples, by cutting into the wood just a little bit, behind the sheeting. It worked quickly and with out much damage to the panels. Also used the saw to cut the old rotted framing from the interior panels. They are glued together, and the saw cut the glue with out damage to the interior wood paneling. It was also came in handy when trying to cut off small lengths off of the 1.5"X1.5" new wood framing, during the fitting process.
The second tool, was a Harbor Freight T-50 pneumatic stapler. It had he power to seat the staple, through the aluminium panels. cost less than 30 bucks.

We did have a chance to use it over the Holiday weekend, while camping with friends, down by a river.

We are going to go for a ride to northern California, on one of the bikes. I usually fly an American flag, as the flag pole is handy for packing the gear. Got a new flag, from the our local Veterans museum, and had to fit it to the pole. I made a brass ring to allow the bottom stand off, to fit any sized flag.
20170604_195753a.jpg
That's if for this post, thanks for looking.
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!
JackF

Post by JackF »

Thanks for the update Pat, beautiful job.

Jack.
spro

Post by spro »

All this with tips along the way. Thanks. Really that brass ring with the turnbuckle for our flag, is so much better than zip ties
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

Looks good Pat!
Ready to rock and/or roll!
And yes....glue is key, at least, it has been in my experience. Campers are anything but heavy duty, and glue solves a lot of problems.

Bill
Patio

Post by Patio »

JackF wrote:Thanks for the update Pat, beautiful job.
You're Welcome and thanks.
spro wrote:All this with tips along the way. Thanks. Really that brass ring with the turnbuckle for our flag, is so much better than zip ties
Spro, the ring worked well, the flag did not fair so well. It tore itself apart, before I made it home. A smaller one works much better. :)
warmstrong1955 wrote:Looks good Pat!
Ready to rock and/or roll!
And yes....glue is key, at least, it has been in my experience. Campers are anything but heavy duty, and glue solves a lot of problems.

Bill
We have enjoyed using the camper this past summer. Time to seal it up and winterize it, the rain is upon us.

I got some time in the shop, last weekend. I was nice to take a weekend for a more frivolous project.
I have a .22 rifle with a scope on it. It did not come with turret caps for the scope. Come to find out, there are several different diameters and threads of turret caps. And by reading all the reviews, I have learned, not all caps sold, actually fit all the scopes they are purported to. And at 50+ bucks for a pair, I am not willing to gamble that what I buy, may or may not fit. Soooooo I made them. :)

They are made from some stainless steel, boat prop shaft material. Grade unknown to me. Some other may know more about what it is likely to be.
20171001_222637a.jpg
20171001_222739a.jpg
20171001_222822a.jpg
I made these several times over two days to get them right. :?
I am happy with the results.

I am working on a couple of other projects too.
More to come!
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!
JackF

Post by JackF »

You and that new lathe did a beautiful job. :D :D

Jack.