Ohlsson and Rice

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

UnkaJesse

Ohlsson and Rice

Post by UnkaJesse »

We go from the ridiculous piece of junk that was the GHQ to a really good engine of the 1940/50s, the Ohlsson and Rice .23. This one has the accessory rotary valve crankcase front, crankshaft and special wire handled cork plug for the original intake tube. Also, but not clear in this picture are the special stamped steel base lugs which O&R sold because the original cast brass open ended slots gave trouble. Original crank, case cover and timer are shown with it. This was a good engine as anyone can tell you who was around at the time. Maybe I should have stayed with this light weight stuff instead of going to 300 pound live steam locomotives. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/crazy.gif"%20alt="[/img] I guess I was backward in this respect in that I should have worked with the heavy stuff while I was young, dumb and a lot stronger and then gone to airplanes nowdays.

Unka(Well, I had fun back then and am still playing with toys in my old age albeit they are lots heavier [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/cool.gif"%20alt="[/img])Jesse
"The same hammer that breaks the glass, forges the steel" Russian proverb