Piston rings

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

solek

Piston rings

Post by solek »

Looking for someone that makes about 3/4' and 1' rings. The plans may call for a 3/4" bore, but my bores sometimes end up .765", not .750", same with the 1". Had someone would made non standard rings, like I needed,but he got to old to do it.
Bob_W

Re: Piston rings

Post by Bob_W »

I have bought rings from Otto Gas Engine Works in sizes ranging from 3/4" to 1 7/8" . He had oversize rings in the 1 7/8" size but don't know about the 3/4", you would have to contact them. There is always the option of making them yourself as others may suggest and there are several methods of making them. Bob Shores has a description in the attached FAME web site under Tips and Links.

Otto GasEngine Works

FAME Home Page

Bob
cprucha

Re: Piston rings

Post by cprucha »

You can get malleable iron rings at any transmission repair shop that are used in the valve bodies of some automatic transmissions. I believe one of the Dodge trannys has a .75 diameter ring. The last time I went, the guy bought out a box of new rings in little sealed plastic bags. Take a set of mics with you. See ya, Craig...

<A HREF="http://www.antique-engine.com/">Antique Gas Engine Website</A>
Registered Linux User #157284