Villiers wulf

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

Abby

Villiers wulf

Post by Abby »

Hi , does anyone have any info or drawings for an model engine based on the villiers wulf from the 60's. I would love to see how this design could perform on a small scale.
Abby

Post by Abby »

I have found some details on the web of the stepped piston engine but no drawings ,Bernard Hooper Engineering Ltd ,the original designer, now manufacture these engines for various industrial , marine and military applications including powering the unmanned surveilance aircraft, It seems that development of the revolutionary design ( no pun intended) was dropped by the British motorcycle industry , in favour of the wankel engine. The engine concept seems to me ideal for model aircraft.
IvyMcNeil

Post by IvyMcNeil »

Hi Abby

I did a Google seardh and found this.
http://users.breathe.com/prhooper/opads.htm

Regards
Ivy McNeil
Attachments
~$EPPED PISTON ENGINE.doc
(162 Bytes) Downloaded 438 times
Ret. Machinist/Toolmaker

I did not fail, I just found 10,000 ways that wont work.
Abby

Post by Abby »

thanks Ivy , I looked at that site already but I was looking for a bit more detail on compression ratios and how the engine is valved, In particular I was trying to understand how a 3 cylinder engine could work.
What is the down load file ? I can't open it .I am using a Mac and it mat not recognise the file type.
Abby.
IvyMcNeil

Post by IvyMcNeil »

Hi Abby

The file is a picture of the cyl. on the web siite.
Ivy
Ret. Machinist/Toolmaker

I did not fail, I just found 10,000 ways that wont work.