Address for ME article reprints

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: Harold_V, JackF

giacomo28

Address for ME article reprints

Post by giacomo28 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:52 am

Back after a long absence. Wonder of anyone can help me ...need a current e-mail address to order reprints of an article in Model Engineer...I had the series by Eric Whittle on his V8, but lost it...need to order a replacement. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!! Giacomo28 :(

jones

Post by jones » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:58 am

Hey Giacomo,

You're in luck, I just happen to have those articles already scanned onto my computer. I can upload them tomorrow on my webspace and send you the link if you like.
Andrew

giacomo28

Post by giacomo28 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:48 am

Many thanks, Andrew...good news indeed...I'll look for the post and download it as soon as I find it. I've made a start on my engine...have the upper crankcase flycut to shape and about to hog out the innards, double size...came out of a 2x3x6 billet of 6160. I was sick when I lost my spiral bound book I'd made up...you're a lifesaver! Thanks again!! If you do one, mebbe we could compare notes? =Giacomo= :D :lol:

jones

Post by jones » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:59 am

Hi again,

The files can be found here:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/barberandrew/
I wish you the best of luck with your project. I am only just starting out in machining, so it will probably be a while before I tackle a project this complex. I see in your profile that you like Shapers, I just recently bought a 10" Douglas shaper (made in Australia) and I am presently de-rusting it. Other than a bit of rust it seems to be in great condition.
Anyway, please post pictures of the V-8 project. I am very interested in miniature multi-cylinder engines.

A good website (If you haven't already found it) for model engine builders is the florida association of model engineers website.
http://www.floridaame.org
Membership is free and you can post pictures of your engine(s) in the gallery, as well as asking questions. The floridaAME website is almost completely internal combustion engines so there may be a bit more interest there than on this board. Here the live steam board is much more active. (Not that I don't love live steam also).

Enjoy!
Andrew

giacomo28

Post by giacomo28 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:18 pm

OK, Andrew...all went well and I have saved the Whittle V8 files to my computer and printed out a new copy. Quality is excellent and I want to again express my appreciation for your making these available to me! Very nice of you to take the time and trouble. =Giacomo28=