Casting day

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

Adirondack

Re: Casting day

Post by Adirondack »

Brilliant!
Adirondack Car & Foundry
Check out our projects: https://www.facebook.com/ADKrail/
Visit our ALL-NEW online store: https://adirondackcarfoundry.square.site/

A little locomotive with 4 wheels on the track is a lot more fun
than a 1/2 finished one with 16 wheels on the bench!
Tharper

Post by Tharper »

Thanks! I appreciate the compliments.

I have good start on the next series of patterns. These are for the Lower Water Manifold (Part No. A27A, A28A & A29A)

Here is a photo of the pattern and core boxes for A28A. As you can see its a four part pattern with a follower. The core is four parts too
and is glued together with a lap joint.
100_4403.JPG
Currently I am working on the pattern and core boxes for this piece (A29A) Lower Water Manifold Front Section. Once thats complete
I only have the rear section to do then I will be done with the pattern work for the piping. All that will be left are the mounts for the
sparkplug wire tube and the oil filler cap.
A29A.jpg
Here is what the finished piece will look like
100_0031b.jpg
Tharper

Post by Tharper »

Today I finshed fabricating the Valve Spring Cover Clamps (Part No. 034X). This was a good diversion away from pattern work though I must admit that fabricating 12 of these little buggers got a bit tedious.
100_4457A.jpg
Tharper

Post by Tharper »

Finished another pattern. This one is for the Lower water Manifold Front Section (Part No. A29A) Like all the water manifold fittings this too will be cast in bronze. Currently working on the core boxes than its onto fabricating the last of the water manifold patterns.
100_4491-a.jpg
100_4495-a.jpg
Here is a photo of the original piece I am duplicating. I made the straight section extra long on my pattern to allow for machining - turning to diameter and threading for the
coupling nut. Afterwards it will be parted-off to the correct length.
100_0031b.jpg