new to the group with a new IMAX SMITHY 1340

This forum is dedicated to those hobbyists with the 3-in-1 metalworking machines. Mill-Drill-Lathes. Tips, techniques, modification and use of these machines is topical.

Moderator: Harold_V

knapper

Home shop

Post by knapper »

Harold;
I can certainly understand the situation of the rejection by the inspector although I have never been in that particular situation... I have been in situations where you thought you had done your best when in the final result, it was not good enough.. Heart wrenching at times. Especially, if there are other lives at stake... The main thing I learned (the hard way) keep a cool head and NEVER panic.. That can get everyone in a "Pickel".

I would sure like to feel that I could call on you for advice now and again?
Knapper
Harold_V

Re: Home shop

Post by Harold_V »

knapper wrote:I would sure like to feel that I could call on you for advice now and again?
I'm sure that if you were to inquire of readers, many would tell you that I offer my "advice" all too freely. So much so, that a few wish I'd shut my mouth.

Always happy to help when I can.

Harold
knapper

Post by knapper »

I'll bet you a worn out 1/4-20 tap that their biggest problem is that they are just a weeee bit on the jealous side..
Knapper
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

knapper wrote:I'll bet you a worn out 1/4-20 tap that their biggest problem is that they are just a weeee bit on the jealous side..
Could be, but generally it's a matter of differing opinions. My background (aero-space, defense work) causes me to see things differently than many do. Doesn't help that I have perfectionist tendencies. Hard to tell if I'm seeking excellence, or I'm just plain crazy!

:-)

Harold