7.5 ga. Meg Steam 0-4-0 for sale

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

BobbyT

7.5 ga. Meg Steam 0-4-0 for sale

Post by BobbyT »

I am listing this for a friends widow. This is what I know of the engine.

It is a 2004 Meg Steamer, 7.5 ga. 0-4-0 porter.
Originally had a saddle tank which comes with it
Currently set-up to burn coal but comes with an oil burner and fuel tank as well.
Has a Chicago style injector and an electric water pump.
The tender is a free-lance design.
Last run June 2014
Locomotive is currently near Fort Myers, Florida

Asking $12,000.00 O.B.O.

PM me for details

BobbyT
Attachments
100_2383a.jpg
Last edited by BobbyT on Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BobbyT

Re: 7.5 ga. Meg Steam 0-4-0 for sale

Post by BobbyT »

Here is the saddle tank, fuel oil tank and burner. The burner slides into the fire box door.
Attachments
100_2384a.jpg
BobbyT

Post by BobbyT »

The electric water pump rides in the tender/riding car as does the battery.
Attachments
100_2387a.jpg
BobbyT

Post by BobbyT »

Injector in the cab.
Attachments
100_2388a.jpg
BobbyT

Post by BobbyT »

Backhead
Attachments
100_2385a.jpg
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Gauge: 7.5 or different on this railbender?
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
Dick_Morris

Post by Dick_Morris »

Big Dave,

See the subject. :?
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Acht! Dumkaupht! 7.5 pretty much says it. A pox upon me for a lought. I didna see the noombers right there in ma face.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
chooch

Post by chooch »

CONTROVERSIAL ?? Well I probably should Not post this but I say it like I see it.

Words of wisdom from another poster well taken. "Ignorance can be cured with information. Stupidity is cured by Darwinism."

All that was needed for a reply to a posted question (Gauge: 7.5 or different on this railbender?) was a Simple and Direct "Informative" answer --7.5 (seven and a half ") gauge!! "See the subject. :?" <<smiley

Would have saved the time, effort, waste of your reply, the Indirect reply you got and, the Waste of Space and time with this post and,My reply that (I admit) really should Not be needed and no doubt will aggravate some others.

Well it gets my undies in a wad when "some one" (not the first time) can`t answer a question straight away then don`t reply at all, like a Donkey. "See the subject. :?" <<smiley.

chooch
BobbyT

Post by BobbyT »

chooch wrote:CONTROVERSIAL ?? Well I probably should Not post this but I say it like I see it.
Chooch, the purpose of this thread is to sell this piece of equipment for the widow of a deceased friend. Please let us keep it on that subject.

Bobby
chooch

Post by chooch »

That is true Bobby but--I comment that when a question is asked that the person reply with respect and courtesy and a Direct reply.
Read the posts and you should understand what I`m getting at. "Look at the subject" could just as well have been --"7.5 gauge." Direct and to the point!!
You know me from before, need I say more.
Good luck and, Thank you.
chooch
BobbyT wrote:
chooch wrote:CONTROVERSIAL ?? Well I probably should Not post this but I say it like I see it.
Chooch, the purpose of this thread is to sell this piece of equipment for the widow of a deceased friend. Please let us keep it on that subject.

Bobby
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

BobbyT wrote:

Bobby
I agree with Bobby.

Chooch, if you wish to behave as a moderator, please apply. We're always happy to have another set of eyes keeping watch over the board. Otherwise, leave such comments to those of us who operate the board. That will go a long ways towards lowering any potential confrontations amongst readers. We pride ourselves on this board for not being confrontational.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.