READING CAMELBACK 0-4-0 CASTINGS FOR SALE

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Trainman4602

Re: READING CAMELBACK 0-4-0 CASTINGS FOR SALE

Post by Trainman4602 »

LARGE PRICE REDUCTION

I am reducing the price of the set of castings to $1400.00 This will include shipping to lower 48 only.

The casting set is as per the pictures posted and will include a set of prints .

The frames will be reduced to $150.00 per set.

BTW Don’t’ be intimidated by the fact this is designed as a Camel Back (center cab) Locomotive. It can be made into a rear cab as well.
Last edited by Trainman4602 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Hi trainman,

What is your current price for a boiler? Also what diameter would it be ?

Thanks,
Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

This is a great little locomotive. And you cannot beat the price on the castings. I ran one built as a rear cab and it ran flawlessly. Anyone interested in getting into 1-1/2" scale should a hard look at these castings.

Tim Meyer

Trainman4602 wrote:LARGE PRICE REDUCTION

I am reducing the price of the set of castings to $1100.00 This will include shipping to lower 48 only.

The casting set is as per the pictures posted and will include a set of prints .

The frames will be reduced to $150.00 per set.

BTW Don’t’ be intimidated by the fact this is designed as a Camel Back (center cab) Locomotive. It can be made into a rear cab as well.
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

they are undeniably cute as a camel...
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

..and less spitting than a camel, Bill!
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

The boiler is 7 inch dia. the current price is $2800.00 it is an all steal boiler I do not use copper flues only steel flues.
Trainman4602

Re: CASTING KIT SPECIAL

Post by Trainman4602 »

I now have had the Camelback casting kit for sale for 6 months. I have not sold one set. This is very disturbing to me. A lot of effort was put into making all patterns and them investing the money to build up stock so I had the kit ready to ship.

I priced them out so that they were reasonable. It seems that some would rather pay much more then what I am asking for.

I have eight sets for sale. The original price was $1800.00 and if you wanted the frames that would be an additional $200.00 The shipping to the lower 48 would be $100.00.

The castings are of the highest quality made from bronze and iron. There is enough castings to make a running on air chassis. The prints have been re done for the most part and there is enough information to complete the locomotive.

Checking out some other suppliers prices for a similar kit my price is half of theirs.

I had big plans to make videos on its construction. I don’t think I will considering the lack of interest.

So with this in mind, I will make a one time price offer for the set of castings and the frames if you wish to purchase them as well.

Some time ago I made a video showing the castings. At the time I did not have the drivers and cylinder group in stock. I now have them.

For a one time offer for the casting set that will include the prints: $1100.00

If you want the frames:
$150.00 for the pair

Shipping to the lower 48 only: $100.00
These prices are good for the next 30 days only. After that I will retire the casting never to make them available EVER!

Thanks for listing and enjoy the video. The Trainman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dn5emFHrM&t=32s
fl_mikado

Post by fl_mikado »

Dave,

Would you have a picture (or drawing) of the 0-4-0 constructed as a rear cab version?

Thanks,
FRED
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Dave it is so sad that people are stuck on the Camelback design. I have seen more rear cabs than Camelback. And they are great running and steaming locomotives. And you can not bet the price.

This is one of the best locomotives for a beginner. Can be built on a 9" or 10" lathe and a small table top mill.

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Possibly the finest small 1.5" live steam locomotive out there. This is a bargain.
And yes, build them as Camelbacks!
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

I have a video on one that I rebuilt several years ago. Just recently at the Cabin Fever meet I met a guy who built it as a 2 1/2 narrow gauge locomotive this can be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-v4anxNOcg&t=41s

FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

fl_mikado wrote:Dave,

Would you have a picture (or drawing) of the 0-4-0 constructed as a rear cab version?

Thanks,
FRED
Hi Fred

Mort's little 0-4-0 used these castings. It ran as good as my 10-wheeler. It was great fun to steam.

Tim