RRSC CP173 1980 vintage 7-1/2"

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Bill Shields

RRSC CP173 1980 vintage 7-1/2"

Post by Bill Shields »

I have in my possession (for several decades) a 'bolt together kit' from Chet Peterson's RRSC of the CP173 in 7-1/2".

The owner has finally decided to sell it and let me clean up my basement a bit.

It has never run under steam but the chassis runs on air (or did 20 years ago).

99% of it is still here, some bits loose in boxes (sheet metal and cab), some extra bits here and there (like 2 stacks for some reason). The brake stand and control valve are no longer part of the package.

The original copper boiler is included, fully assembled and will hydro, however it is SIL-FOS glued, so it is not something that I would recommend running on coal.

It's basically a chassis on air + the fiberglass tender.

The owner took the loco apart to paint it (removed boiler and sheet metal) and never got around to reassembling anything beyond the chassis...and left it with me.

As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures again and clear the loco out so that it is picture worthy, I will post some pictures.

Loco is located in Delaware and would LIKE to have someone come get it, but if shipping is necessary, I can crate and ship for whatever it actually costs.

If you live not too far (figure Philadelphia or Baltimore for those of you who don't know where the FIRST STATE is located), I can put it in the back of my van and deliver...probably less work than crating.

Make no mistake about it, this is not a 'ready to run' loco...but in reality is not too far from it once you have a good boiler (Hey Marty!)

We are looking for a home for it at a reasonable offer.

If nobody is interested, I won't bother with posting pictures.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Oktrainboys

Re: RRSC CP173 1980 vintage 7-1/2"

Post by Oktrainboys »

PM sent
wbarbe

Post by wbarbe »

Sir,
I assume this engine already sold but I thought I would ask. I am back in the market for a 4-4-0
Thanks
Bill Barbe
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

yes and no.

I have someone that wants it but they are in California which means that I have to box it up and send it.

Unfortunately, once it is boxed up, I have no way to lift and / or move it, so this becomes...well...inconvenient since I live on a gravel drive and there is no way I can roll it even out to a tailgate lift truck that cannot get anywhere near my basement entrance.

About this time, I had to go looking for a new job and everything got side-tracked while I got that under control.

I started my new job just a month ago and have been shuttling back and forth to the company office (and will be doing so for a few months), so figuring out how to crate / ship the loco is still on the side-track.

I have not taken any $$$ from anyone and if perchance you live somewhere near Delaware and want to come and get it, I can make my apologies to the individual involved.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.