Allen waterjet pilot truck pedestals and spring shoes now available

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Harlock

Allen waterjet pilot truck pedestals and spring shoes now available

Post by Harlock »

Hi everyone,

We've added two new waterjet parts to our two wheel equalized swing link pilot truck parts set. This includes the 5/8" steel pedestals and 5/8" matching bottom spring shoes. There is an amazing amount of collected time savings represented in the parts in this section. Some finishing of the guide surfaces and tapping and drilling of holes are all that is required to finish the pedestals.

The parts are featured in Consolidation section 09A, Mogul section 09A, and Fitchburg Northern section 06A. Ordered together with their companion sections that include castings, axles and wheels, they represent nearly all the parts and castings required to complete the truck. This truck that was originally developed for the Consolidation has found use on a couple other locomotives over the years.

On the Mogul the equalized swing link truck is an optional substitute for the standard non-equalized truck with the large cast frame.

Mogul Section 09A: https://allenmodels.com/allen-mogul/mog ... on-9a.html
Fitchburg Northern Section 06A: https://allenmodels.com/fitchburg-north ... on-6a.html
Consolidation Section 9A: https://allenmodels.com/consolidation/c ... n-09a.html

The pedestals and lower shoes come as sets of two and four, respectively.

Enjoy,

-Mike
Attachments
coimbined.jpg
Live Steam Photography and more - gallery.mikemassee.com
Product Development and E-Commerce, Allen Models of Nevada
Marty_Knox

Re: Allen waterjet pilot truck pedestals and spring shoes now available

Post by Marty_Knox »

Harlock wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:37 pm This truck that was originally developed for the Consolidation has found use on a couple other locomotives over the years.
Sorry, Mike, but this was available as an option for the Mogul long before Gene built his first Consolidation. I made one for the Wabash 591 I built for Bob Ring in 1986. When I get a chance I'll look at the date on the original drawing.
The equalized lead truck is a BIG improvement over the standard Mogul lead truck. Well worth the extra effort.
Harlock

Post by Harlock »

Hi Marty thanks for the correction.

-Mike
Harlock

Post by Harlock »

Also, this addition applies to the Harpur 2-4-0 as well, section 09A.
SZuiderveen

Post by SZuiderveen »

A9DABF3C-99C6-4CE4-8392-E3003462E032.jpeg
In progress upgrade of Mogul with equalized pony truck fit up today.

Steve
Marty_Knox

Post by Marty_Knox »

Marty_Knox wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:19 pm
Harlock wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:37 pm This truck that was originally developed for the Consolidation has found use on a couple other locomotives over the years.
Sorry, Mike, but this was available as an option for the Mogul long before Gene built his first Consolidation. I made one for the Wabash 591 I built for Bob Ring in 1986. When I get a chance I'll look at the date on the original drawing.
The drawing for the Wabash Mogul swing link lead truck was drawn by Gene in 1972.