T-frame Bettendorf trucks ****SOLD****

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Andy R

Re: T-frame Bettendorf trucks ****SOLD****

Post by Andy R »

Thank you for your compliment!
I had originally intended to make a car from scratch, and had purchased bolster and coupler pocket castings from Ben Viola at The Roundhouse. The truck bolsters and those Odd Duck frame bolsters were machined to match. But I've since corresponded with John LaFavor (SPSteam2491) regarding his very nice PFE Reefer kits and the cast bolsters that I have will be easily adaptable. John will let me know when he makes another production run.
As my friend Jack Bodenmann says: "Too Much Fun!"
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Wow! Those turned out nice. I also can't wait to see them under a car! If my regular job permits (long hours at this time of year) I am going to try to do another production run starting this week.
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
Dick_Morris

Post by Dick_Morris »

Andy R - they look good. Thanks for posting the photo of the finished and painted item. And thanks to Odd Duck for making the castings available. I have long thought that there was an unmet need for this style of truck to go with models of cars built circa 1920.
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Dick, that was part of my thinking when I decided to do these, I am trying to make stuff nobody else is. That and getting filthy stinking rich off them. Ha ha. Of course, I have to manage to make more than a half dozen before I'm rolling in it.
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

I have 4 sets of T frames available now, I will be casting more this week. $150 a set.
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Three sets left...
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Three sets spoken for, one set left. I will be casting more this weekend, though.
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

All sets spoken for, I'll be casting more soon!
wiltonmetal

Post by wiltonmetal »

Hello from Wilton, Maine: Do you have any more sets available? Would like(2). By the way south of Mt. Katahdin is just about the whole state. Hope to hear from you soon.
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

PM sent...
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

I have three sets of T frames available, and as a Christmas bonus, I will throw in one of my signs with each order. I have my new "Station" signs ( unpainted), I have 3 Flying V yard limits (painted), and a few "Caution-railroad" signs (painted) available. I might even throw in a keychain. The only catch is due to holiday stuff going on for the next few days they probably won't be mailed until the end of the week.
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Two sets left, and the Xmas offer is still open.