WTB: MCC "caboose" trucks

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Benjamin Maggi

WTB: MCC "caboose" trucks

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

I am looking for a set of Mountain Car Company (MCC) caboose trucks. I talked to MCC and they confirmed that those style of trucks aren't made anymore. I would prefer that they be set up for 7.25" gauge, but I don't know if they were sold with interchangable axles. As long as the truck isn't welded together and I can take it apart to modify or make new axles, 7.5" gauge is fine too. Who am I kidding? Beggers can't be choosers!
Here is what they look like:
MCC caboose trucks.png
MCC caboose trucks.png (27.76 KiB) Viewed 2804 times
Here is a link with some pictures of the prototype discussing why I want them. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=107850

If you have a pair that you don't need or want please let me know. Thanks!
"One cannot learn to swim without getting his feet wet." - Benjamin Maggi
- Building: 7.25" gauge "Sweet Pea" named "Catherine"
Steven E. Kuhn

Re: WTB: MCC "caboose" trucks

Post by Steven E. Kuhn »

Ben,
Check out the Tom Bee website. They now carry passenger trucks ready to go. They have them in two wheel base dimensions. The 10" is what you may want for caboose trucks. (Looking at them closer though they are not quite the same as your photo on your other thread. I am assuming yours are of an older style.) The other photos and the caboose with the MCC trucks under them in the other photos are the same style as the Tom Bee trucks. Maybe someone can elaborate.

Let us know how it goes. I bet they are better than the MCC trucks too. Looks as if they have the swing link suspension. Looking to order a pair of these myself too very soon.

https://tombeeonline.com/collections/pa ... ger-trucks

Steven E. Kuhn