LocoParts?

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

NP317

LocoParts?

Post by NP317 »

I am trying to raise Jeff Dute at LocoParts.
I have sent a message via the "embarque" contact listed on the LocoParts "under construction" website.
Anyone know what their status is?
Thanks,
RussN
rudd

Re: LocoParts?

Post by rudd »

I found this info on the IBLS website:
LocoParts
128 Country Meadows Dr.
South Mills, NC 27976
(252)943-1346
locoparts@embarqmail.com
www.locoparts.biz
theg8nw

Post by theg8nw »

Seems to me I saw the same under construction site months ago and tried contacting him through the same email and never got a response either..
Plan your work, work your plan.
www.measurementandmachine.com
765nkp

Post by 765nkp »

Give Jeff a call, great to deal with. I order stuff from him all the time, just got some blow downs from him last week.

Tim
Greg_Lewis

Post by Greg_Lewis »

Sometimes a website generated email will go to a different email address provided by the web hosting service rather than what the owner regularly uses. If you don't get a response to such an email, it may be because the site wasn't set up to forward the email on.
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.
jtdute

Post by jtdute »

Russ (and All),

Sorry for any email address confusion. The email address is locoparts@embarqmail.com. There is a new email address which is jeff@locoparts.biz which i am in the process of shifting to, but both are still valid. The website has been under construction for some time and hopefully we are nearing completion of that process as well.
Thank You

Jeff Dute
LocoParts
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Jeff and All:
Thank you for your responses. I had decided to call Jeff, but I will try his new email first.

Jeff:
We met many years ago (?) at a Train Mountain RR Triennial, shortly after you acquired LocoParts, and you had the parts I needed to make repairs and get my Ten Wheeler back on the rails. Thank you, again.
If you check your embark mail I sent you a message. If that is missing, let's try again.
Looking forward to doing more business with you!
RussN
Berkman

Post by Berkman »

Look forward to seeing the new website. Looks like you also have some new products to release.

Hopefully, you'll be able to buy online from it like on the new allen models, EE, titan trains, tom b online sites.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

I successfully made contact with Jeff/LocoParts, and the ordered part is on the way today.
Thank you Jeff for your good Customer Service, and to all who helped.
RussN
Wichita Narrow Gauge

Post by Wichita Narrow Gauge »

Hello all

I placed an order with Jeff Back in July of 2020

here is the contact information he provided at that time

Jeff Dute
Dute Machine and Locomotive Works, LLC
LocoParts
128 Country Meadows Dr.
South Mills, NC 27976

(252) 943-1346
locoparts@embarqmail.com

i hope i didn't brake any rules by posting the contact information provided by the vender
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

A little off-topic, but I fail to understand why any website that exists to sell a product would use one of the "weird" top-level domains (TLD), such as .biz. I can't speak for others, but I would never even think to search for a <insert_your_domain>.biz address, or .info, .tv or some of the other strange TLDs (How about .xxx?). In fact, many of my clients have had me block those TLDs because they are, more often than not, nothing more than spam sources and employee time-wasters.

If you are considering setting up a website to promote your business, please register a .com domain and avoid lost sales opportunities. Also, please set up one or more E-mail addresses that point to that domain, and not to Yahoo, MSN, G-mail, etc. (especially G-mail). As we often said 25 years ago when everyone was rushing to get a domain name registered and an Internet presence established, real businesses do not have aol.com in their E-mail addresses.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
Greg_Lewis

Post by Greg_Lewis »

BigDumbDinosaur wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:42 pm A little off-topic, but I fail to understand why any website that exists to sell a product would use one of the "weird" top-level domains (TLD), such as .biz. I can't speak for others, but I would never even think to search for a <insert_your_domain>.biz address, or .info, .tv or some of the other strange TLDs (How about .xxx?). In fact, many of my clients have had me block those TLDs because they are, more often than not, nothing more than spam sources and employee time-wasters.

If you are considering setting up a website to promote your business, please register a .com domain and avoid lost sales opportunities. Also, please set up one or more E-mail addresses that point to that domain, and not to Yahoo, MSN, G-mail, etc. (especially G-mail). As we often said 25 years ago when everyone was rushing to get a domain name registered and an Internet presence established, real businesses do not have aol.com in their E-mail addresses.

When I set up Barry's web page for Superscale, he wanted it to be "Superscale" and then the tld. Superscale.com was already taken, believe it or not, and Barry decided that superscalelocomotive.com was too long. (Superscale.com was a model airplane company. Today it has something to do with games.) So the only option we had was superscale.biz. So many names are already staked out by folks who sell them for profit, and at relatively high prices. For example, my name, Greg Lewis, which would be greglewis.com, is for sale for $2364. Another example, livesteam.com, is for sale for a minimum of $100,000. Livesteam.biz is available for $50.* I would not fault someone for going for a less common tld considering the cost of running a small hobby business.

_____
*https://www.afternic.com/search?k=livesteam.com&tld=com
https://www.godaddy.com/domainsearch/fi ... esteam.com
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.