scale pipe fittings

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

jeffsmith

scale pipe fittings

Post by jeffsmith »

I am looking for 1/8", 5/32" scale pipe fittings, 90 deg elbows, Tees, St. Els, and Unions. If anyone has some Coles small pipe fittings and would like to sell or trade, please let me know. Thank you.
squandt

Re: scale pipe fittings

Post by squandt »

Hello ,try PMR they have both finished and unmachined fittings of many different scale pipe fittings. You can find them @ pmmodengine.com, download there list and take a look at there stock.
stay on the shine side of the rail
theg8nw

Post by theg8nw »

Try here. www.pmmodelengines.com/product-category/pipe-fittings/

Or David Bortz on here he is superscale and has some fitting and valves..
Plan your work, work your plan.
www.measurementandmachine.com
rrnut-2

Post by rrnut-2 »

Locoparts.biz is another place for fittings.

Jim B
jeffsmith

Post by jeffsmith »

Is there anyone out there have any 1/8" and 5/32" scale pipe fittings who would like to sell or trade?
Cole's Models did when they were still around. But no one sells these sizes that I know of, except maybe unions in 1/8" size.
I don't know what the small scale builders are going to do. Like Friends 3/4" scale products, Kozo's K-27 project.
jtdute

Post by jtdute »

Jeff and all,
I (LocoParts) have 1/8" elbows are ready to go. Castings for street elbows, Cross, tee and valves are on hand. My initial run of the 1/8 items was gone before the word got out. We are working through all sizes of pipe fittings producing new Aluminum molds for each item. The fittings are lost wax in silicon Bronze.
The elbows are completed and ready to ship and they are $6.50 each (machined). Also have nipples and unions (both MTP and Solder connection) available.

The 5/32 size will be made I just don't have them yet.

Jeff Dute
LocoParts
Attachments
18 elbows.jpg
18 elbows.jpg (36.13 KiB) Viewed 5136 times
jeffsmith

Post by jeffsmith »

Hi Jeff,
This is good news. I am interested in the 1/8" and 5/32" pipe fittings. Thanks for putting the effort in to produce these.
Keep me posted as you get more available.

Jeff Smith
jeffsmith

Post by jeffsmith »

Here are some photos of one of the things I want to do replicate. Cab heating under the seats,(see photo) sander lines from the sand dome, in cab water hose, air lines from feed valves to brake valves.
DSC00457.JPG
makinsmoke

Post by makinsmoke »

Hi Jeff,
That’s awesome!

I might have some prototype Santa Fe photos of the steam heat manifolds for the 940 in Bartlesville.

Oak flooring above with gaps allowed the heat from the pipes to rise up through the floor.

Beautiful project.

Brian
amadlinger

Post by amadlinger »

Hi Jeff,

Your locomotive is looking great! Regarding the fittings, as you know the trick here is the smaller 1/8 MTP and 5/32 MTP sizes that the usual suspects like PM Research do not have. In addition to LocoParts, the California Locomotive Company also has what you are looking for:

http://www.californialocomotive.com/col ... e-fittings

And, of course, Jack just recently came out with a line of octagonal elbows that he offers in 1/8 and 5/32 sizes:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=110938

If you are in need of the 1/8 MTP and 5/32 MTP pipe unions, Howard Gorin of the Machinery Works has the true-scale octagonal unions in the usual kit that he brings around to the meets. Wayne Godschall also has hexagonal 1/8 MTP and 5/32 MTP pipe unions, and he also has pipe nipples for those sizes and the taps/dies for those sizes.

https://godshallscustommachining.com/pr ... -mtp-sizes

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Adam
jeffsmith

Post by jeffsmith »

Thanks everybody for all your help. I am familiar with all of the suggested suppliers. I have purchased some of Jack's Hexagonal fittings, very nice. I have put in an order with Jeff Dute of Locoparts and will be glad to see the 5/32" fittings when he gets them ready. By the way, I can never find Howard Gorins train web-site. Thanks again.
rrnut-2

Post by rrnut-2 »

His original site went down due to host problems. His new site is https://themachineryworks.com/. Unfortunately, it doesn't list the train parts yet.

Jim B