Welsh Coal now in stock in the US

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

kovacjr

Welsh Coal now in stock in the US

Post by kovacjr »

Just wanted to let you know that I have welsh coal in stock ready to ship out from NJ, USA

Its large bean size, suitable for gauge 1 up to smaller ride on scales and traction engines.

www.thetraindepartment.com

Jay
Bill Shields

Re: Welsh Coal now in stock in the US

Post by Bill Shields »

If you don't mind me asking, what which Mine or supplier is you Welsh coal supplied?

I only ask a> because I am interested and b> have been burned by 'Welsh Coal' that originated significantly further east than Wales (as in Poland), and do not want to go through that mess again...hence I want to be sure that the actual source is legitimate.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
kovacjr

Post by kovacjr »

Bill Shields wrote:If you don't mind me asking, what which Mine or supplier is you Welsh coal supplied?

I only ask a> because I am interested and b> have been burned by 'Welsh Coal' that originated significantly further east than Wales (as in Poland), and do not want to go through that mess again...hence I want to be sure that the actual source is legitimate.

Yes it is real welsh coal. My supplier is one of the larger UK coal supplierd for home and commercial
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

Sorry, that doesn't tell me any more than the last guy, who sold me Polish coal from a Welsh supplier.

Given the name of the supplier, I will have one of my live steam friends in the UK check them out to be sure, otherwise..will pass.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Highiron

Post by Highiron »

I agree Bill

I used to import the stuff about 10 years ago direct from the mine through David Sutton over in Wales

if the supplier is
Luckett, or heritage or the garage you can bet it is from the deep mine seema of wales

from many of the others it will be from the open pit or Quarry mine as some call it where the seams get mixed together during the process so some spots are better then others

Jason

what is the moisture, and volitale levels in this stuff ...the exporter should have provided you with an analist and spec sheet
Bill Shields wrote:Sorry, that doesn't tell me any more than the last guy, who sold me Polish coal from a Welsh supplier.

Given the name of the supplier, I will have one of my live steam friends in the UK check them out to be sure, otherwise..will pass.
kovacjr

Post by kovacjr »

Here is the specs for my Welsh Coal.

Size (mm) 22.4 x 12.5
Moisture (%) 4.0
Ash(%) 4.5
Sulphur(%) 0.90
Chlorine(%)0.03
Net CV(KJ/kg) 31880
Volatile Matter (%) 6.50

Dry ash free CV = 35740 kj/kg