Continental Model AA7B info. needed.

This forum is for Internal Combustion Engines such as Hit 'n Miss, Throttle Goverened One Lungers etc. Repair, Machining, Operation, Buy/Sell/Trade of these engines are all topical.

Moderator: Harold_V

junk_man999

Continental Model AA7B info. needed.

Post by junk_man999 »

I need some information on this engine. The info. is needed for the restoration of this engine. I'm 14 years old. I want to have the restoration complete in time for a show in Beaumont, Texas. The show is in August 11, 12, and 13, 2006. I need information on this eneine. It has a sltanted Cyliender like a V only with one Cylender. It is about 60-65 years old. It used to be hooked up to an old power mower. The engine is not a common engine from my research, but I may be wrong. The engine needs parts, and I don't have any information on it.
I love anything that pops or chugs.

Post by Guest »

You might want to post your inquiry on the Smokstak forum.

http://www.smokstak.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

You'll have to register in order to post a question. Let me know if you have any trouble maneuvering the site.

I recently junked out a Continental four cylinder engine, but it was mounted vertically, not like the one you have. I got it as a basket case. I have no idea why someone tore it apart. I'm guessing they were trying to find out why it didn't run. The one thing they didn't dismantle was the distributor, and that is where the problem was. The distributor wouldn't rotate. It's drive tang wouldn't engage.

Regards,

Orin