Axelson serial number...

This forum is for Internal Combustion Engines such as Hit 'n Miss, Throttle Goverened One Lungers etc. Repair, Machining, Operation, Buy/Sell/Trade of these engines are all topical.

Moderator: Harold_V

Chad

Axelson serial number...

Post by Chad »

Hi there everybody. I'm a new member, and a small fabrication shop owner in Oregon. I have a very old axelson lathe that is missing pretty much all of the internals for the carriage, and some parts off of the taper attachment. Which is all fine and dandy for most of what i have used it for in the past. I would like to get it back in working order. However, I cannot for the life of me find the serial number to give to axelson o get the parts, or at least the specs for the parts. I spent an hour on the phone with axelson today and the guy I talked to couldn't even help me. The story is that the lathe came off of a navy ship, and is a 1934 or 35 model. It has a 20" swing and is 7' between centers. It is belt driven by an overhead electric motor. I'll try to post a picture or reference later, as it won't let me while on my iPad. Thank you in advance for all of your help.
- Chad.
ken572

Re: Axelson serial number...

Post by ken572 »

Chad

Goto this link,and keep scrolling down. Much info.

http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/sea ... mit=Search

Ken.
One must remember.
The best learning experiences come
from working with the older Masters.
Ken.