6 cylinder Vivian Powerplant

This forum is for Internal Combustion Engines such as Hit 'n Miss, Throttle Goverened One Lungers etc. Repair, Machining, Operation, Buy/Sell/Trade of these engines are all topical.

Moderator: Harold_V

rsterne

6 cylinder Vivian Powerplant

Post by rsterne »

I just thought you guys would like to see a photo of a massive 6 cyl. Vivian low-speed diesel powerplant I came across recently....

These were built originally in Vancouver, BC as marine engines in the 40s, but many were used as power plants.... 6.75" bore, 10" stroke.... engine only weighs about 10,000 lbs....

Bob
Richard_W

Re: 6 cylinder Vivian Powerplant

Post by Richard_W »

I have never heard of them. Is it gas or diesel? Thanks for posting.

Richard W.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Richard_W wrote:I have never heard of them. Is it gas or diesel? Thanks for posting.

Richard W.
"I just thought you guys would like to see a photo of a massive 6 cyl. Vivian low-speed diesel powerplant I came across recently...."

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Richard_W

Post by Richard_W »

Harold_V wrote:
Richard_W wrote:I have never heard of them. Is it gas or diesel? Thanks for posting.

Richard W.
"I just thought you guys would like to see a photo of a massive 6 cyl. Vivian low-speed diesel powerplant I came across recently...."

Harold
I hate it when I miss reading a word like that. But we all do it. Wouldn't mind doing a walk around when its running.

Richard W.
ronm

Post by ronm »

Nice-kinda like a Murphy, only different... :)
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Richard_W wrote: hate it when I miss reading a word like that. But we all do it.
I can't tell you the number of times I've done that very thing. Once I realize it's there, I can't understand how it was missed. :oops:

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.