Need a little help here.

This forum is for Internal Combustion Engines such as Hit 'n Miss, Throttle Goverened One Lungers etc. Repair, Machining, Operation, Buy/Sell/Trade of these engines are all topical.

Moderator: Harold_V

phillip

Need a little help here.

Post by phillip »

Pops has the beginnings of Alzheimers. So I'm always looking for projects that he and I can do together and keep his mind active.I found this and was wanting some info on it. Value, Difficulty of rebuilding, Availability of parts etc. Thanks.

phillip

Re: Need a little help here.

Post by phillip »

BTW, The only info I found on the data plate was the disp.@ 118ci, And the rpm @ 350 to 700. Also, I found a number stamped in the top of the crankcase???? K2E25220.
ronm

Post by ronm »

Later model, condenser-cooled Fairbanks-Morse "Z"-probably from an oil field application? Parts shouldn't be a problem, they made a million of them...not really rare or collectible, but probably a good engine for the purpose...sorry to hear about your Dad, it's not an easy thing to deal with...
phillip

Post by phillip »

ronm wrote:Later model, condenser-cooled Fairbanks-Morse "Z"-probably from an oil field application? Parts shouldn't be a problem, they made a million of them...not really rare or collectible, but probably a good engine for the purpose...sorry to hear about your Dad, it's not an easy thing to deal with...

Preciate it.