Portaband Stand plans

We all have a collection of favorite websites. Use this forum to post and share them!

Moderator: JackF

olcop

Portaband Stand plans

Post by olcop »

Guys, I'm looking for a set of plans to convert a standard Milwaukee Portaband to a horizontial/vertical
saw that will also cut miters in the horizontial mode. I know several manufacturers offer this type of saw for sale, but they are too rich for my blood,
Somewhere in the not too distant past, I saw a pic of a portaband done that way, I like the idea of being able to use it as a shop saw and also as a portable saw.
Also, I'm aware of the ones offered by Home Depot and the ones offered by SWAG OFFROAD, the one offered by HD is over $250.00 and the Swag is a vertical only---although, the HD version looks like what I want, as far as I can tell from the pics in their ads.
Thanks for any help or suggestions
olcop
Krisher

Re: Portaband Stand plans

Post by Krisher »

Bump
Even though this is a few years old.
Krisher

Post by Krisher »

Sure is quiet here
azdesertman

Post by azdesertman »

Go to YouTube and do a search for "portoband saw chop saw".

Plenty of inspiration to be seen.
BadDog

Post by BadDog »

SWAG: http://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-V30-Por ... _p_55.html
They offer several related options.

I've bought some of their stuff, including the HD finger press brake most recently. Good stuff, good quality, and in some cases I could barely buy the material for what they charge, and they provide clean CNC plasma cuts and bends in the deal. Shipping can be rough, but now and then you see free shipping, like when I got my press finger brake kit on Black Friday last fall. Something to consider if you don't just want to the project. And if you do, it's pretty easy to see how to do it yourself just from their images.
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper