EMD Truck Drawings

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

davidqueener

EMD Truck Drawings

Post by davidqueener »

Gentlemen,

Some of you may be aware from other threads of my search for EMD truck drawings, mainly to help with my day job with Knoxville Locomotive Works, where I back-engineer older EMD unit's frames and trucks into 3D CAD models, which are then used as the basis for larger CAD assemblies, showing the layout of former EMDs units re-powered with MTU 4-stroke prime movers. As you might guess, a good deal of this CAD work is overflowing into my 1/20th scale models.

So far I have had good success finding EMD truck "Sub-Assembly" (a.k.a general arrangement) drawings from several archives, to wit:

Blomberg B
Blomberg M
Flexicoil Switcher
Flexicoil C2H
Flexicoil C2L
HT-C with either Hyatt or Timken bearings

I must admit that I am a little fuzzy on my classification of the C2H and C2L drawings (the one comes from Southern Railway SD45s, the other from N&W SD35s). So I think I could use an expert's eye on these.

Sadly, I have found precious few EMD part drawings for each of these trucks. I have, however, carefully written down the part numbers and descriptions from each truck Sub-Assembly drawing's title block and have compiled them into an Excel spreadsheet. As one might expect, there is a good deal of overlap among EMD truck parts.

I am happy to share this Excel spreadsheet with anyone else who is doing model-making work. In return, help me find more EMD part drawings. If you would like a copy, please contact me offline.

Cheers,

Dave Queener
Knoxville, Tennessee
Pastor, St. Paul Presbyterian Church
www.StPaulPres.com (865) 209-5654

Owner, Cumberland Model Engineering
www.CumberlandModelEngineering.com (865) 947-7935
Cd4449

Re: EMD Truck Drawings

Post by Cd4449 »

Hi if I'm reading this right you have drawing for the flexcoil truck that would have been on an sd9. Is that correct? I'm starting to plan my build for 7.5 gauge.
davidqueener

Post by davidqueener »

Yes, I think so. Please contact me offline or give me a ring. I should be able to help you. Cool--a 1.6" scale SD9!

Dave at CumberlandModelEngineering dot com
Pastor, St. Paul Presbyterian Church
www.StPaulPres.com (865) 209-5654

Owner, Cumberland Model Engineering
www.CumberlandModelEngineering.com (865) 947-7935
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

I'll check in our Maine Central drawings.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."