Old Topic--Titan Trains / MCC

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

chooch

Old Topic--Titan Trains / MCC

Post by chooch »

Any updates, progress on Titan Trains aka Mountain Car? Service, back orders completed etc.??
Thank you.
Chooch
chooch

Re: Old Topic--Titan Trains / MCC

Post by chooch »

Being this site is for sharing information I will mention the following.
I have received a few emails recently regards Titan Trains (aka Mtn. Car) from a Very Reliable source.
Some of you here have said you were pleased with the new name/service while what info I`m getting is quite negative.

Long delays, same old excuses and promises, and a Lawsuit to return a good size deposit (was settled just before court).
Just passing the word for my friends and You to Be Careful with any dealings of the above named supplier.
chooch
------------------
Previous note>> Any updates, progress on Titan Trains aka Mountain Car? Service, back orders completed etc.??
Thank you.
Chooch
RONALD

Post by RONALD »

The new reincarnation of Mountain Car Company - Titan Trains, on their new web site claim they intend to do much better on production and delivery than MCC ever did, only items they already have in stock will be sold; I just tested that claim and it has proved to be true.

On 16 March, T.T. posted a C&NW Hopper, being fan of the C&NW, I resisted for about two hours, and then put it on my PayPal account. I usually do my own painting and lettering, this came already painted and lettered.

On 22 March, Mike of T.T. notified me it was shipped, and on Thursday morning UPS called and said it was ready for pickup, I picked it up on Friday, unloaded on Saturday. It was 8 days between payment and delivery.

With MCC, you paid, and then waited and waited, it might be more than 80 days before it was shipped, that was partially because they first started production when you put up the money.

Let us hope that such speed holds true for all who now order, and especially for those MCC back orders they intend to finish.
Attachments
DSC_2179.jpg
DSC_2191.jpg
chooch

Post by chooch »

HOORAY for Ronald and Titan Trains. Sure sounds like maybe things are getting back on track (pun intended)
Ronald, I don`t know which I like better. Your new Hopper car or the Crane lift machine.:-)
Thanks for photos and good news.
Have a great day.
chooch
chooch

Post by chooch »

UPDATE--Titan Trains / MCC
I think fair is fair. Post a negative comment but be fair and post a positive. Received a couple more positive emails recently, no names etc for privacy.
chooch
-----------
From one person--They promised to send me a refund check for the last 3 months and as of last week it was supposed to be a partial refund and two cars. The two cars got delivered, but no check. I am still out money with MCC/Titan. I have been in direct contact with Michael this whole time and honestly I think hist partner Jim is what is causing all the continued mess. I hope for Michael that they can straighten all this out for everyone.
-----------
From another person--
I just wanted to let you and the others know that I purchased a pair of trucks that Titan was showing “In Stock” and I dealt directly with Michael Lancenese. He got right on my order and shipped the trucks as he indicated he would—they arrived today.

I know Jim had some difficulties as a business person, but I did not find him to be evil. I think they might be trying hard to turn things around and I think if folks would give them a chance to make some necessary corrections things will eventually get sorted out. I am optimistic that Titan will continue to be a supplier for the very small niche of people who are into this hernia gauge stuff.

It is a very limited market for sure and it has to be difficult to know how to staff a business with a limited clientele to attempt to anticipate a future demand. I hope all the best for them going forward.
Rayerroad

Post by Rayerroad »

Just received 3sets of trucks from Titan Trains. Great service and fast delivery!!
chooch

Post by chooch »

Titan Trains back "In Business".
It appears Titan Trains from comments on this site, by other private emails And (DLS) discoverlivesteam.com accepting New advertisements, Titan Trains must be "on track" so to speak.
I think that is Good news for buyers and the hobby. Go Titan Trains!!
chooch
chooch

Post by chooch »

Re:-Re: MCC / TITAN-TRAINS--Again.
Well, about 15 months have gone by since old Mt. Car trains was changed to Titan Trains. A new(er) takeover with many promises of better and improved customer service, faster delivery of products and more. Again, though an Office Manager was to be the "go to" guy for questions, orders, service, on time delivery dates, any problems etc. It seems all that is going the way of Old ways.

Received a couple recent emails (Sept 2016) saying say after a year plus, few promises, delivery dates extended, there has been NO product delivered. All back orders have not been filled and some will take few months longer.

There is also a question of a more serious possibility, John Doe versus ?-?
That`s all I can say at this time except--Buyer Beware.
chooch
jmurray

Post by jmurray »

So, I have been reading the comments regarding Titan trains, and service level issues, and hesitated on placing an order, however, I thought I would go for it, and share what my experience has been this week.

I signed-in to their website, and clicked on the contact us feature, and asked if there are any promotions towards a caboose kit, and clicked "send".

Within 15 minutes, I did not only get an email reply, but a phone call from Jim himself responding to my inquiry.

Jim and I had a pleasant conversation, on a future promotion (in which he gave me the promo value on) and took my order, and thanked me for it!

I emailed Jim back to get an eta on Thursday (since it was not ordered on the website), and again within minutes, jim responded with a tracking number and stated it was shipped on Wednesday. ( I replied to Jim how awesome the purchase experiece has been, and he stated that this level of service is what they are trying to maintain.)

the caboose kit and arrived yesterday(Thursday), well packaged, no damage- cant' wait to open it up! Wow!

My 2 cents, from my perspective:

Our hobby has limited suppliers, and little profit margin at that. There are real people on the other end of our emails, phone calls etc that are human as you, and in my honest opinion has been treating people with kindness and loyalty does help create a better service level in most cases. Communicatiobn is key, and the level of expectation must be clear from both parties involved, so that you have a solid base to reference to. Do not assume.

And if you have something nice to share, please do so...I would hate to see someone hesitate like I did, and "assume" things might not go well.

Positive reviews are always harder to earn than negative ones, justified or not.

Congrats Titan Trains for an exceptional customer service, and wish you further success in being a valuable supplier to our hobby!
C&O EMD F7A 24vdc Locomotive(Museum Trains)
Chessie diesel switcher(5hp Free lance design) 0-4-0
Pine Grove Vineyards Davenport (Ride-Trains)Switcher 0-4-0
Wolf Run and Tambine Clishay 0-4-4-0(Bob Maynard design)
Mack Loco
http://www.neols.net (NorthEastern Ohio Live Steamers)
hondavt@windstream.net

Post by 6491 »

:D
Have a good one....John.
"MALCOLM MOORE LOCO & THE 100 FOOT RAILWAY" on Facebook.
prr094

Post by prr094 »

I just wanted to report on my experience. It has been 22 months since I placed my order with MCC for a large quantity of truck sets, wheel sets and brake parts. Working with Michael, under the Titan name, my order was recently completed. I was worried that my order would not be fulfilled under the new Titan name with MCC going by the wayside. They did honor my order.

I know it is hard to turn around a business that has alienated its customers and destroyed its reputation. Some companies would have just closed the doors and walked away. It appears they have a new business model that will hopefully keep them going. I don't know who else is waiting on MCC orders. Hopefully they will be resolved quickly.

I did see Titan had a set of bobber caboose trucks that I wanted on their website. I emailed Michael to confirm they were in stock... which he responded right away. I placed the order online with their shopping cart system using PayPal. The bobber caboose trucks were delivered on my doorstep 3 days later. The way it should be.
LilLima13

Post by LilLima13 »

Just a few words from down under. Here in eastern Australia. I myself put down a substantial deposit to MCC & still waiting with only promises after 5.5 years!
Also know of 3 others here in similar circumstances.
Will this ripoff ever end?
Very disgruntled.