SD-45-T2 drawings

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

Railroaddaddy

SD-45-T2 drawings

Post by Railroaddaddy »

I want to build a 1.6 scale SD-45-T2 locomotive.I am searching for any blueprints that are available.
Thanks Bob
ERIE S-1 BERKSHIRES

Re: SD-45-T2 drawings

Post by ERIE S-1 BERKSHIRES »

On page 149 of Model Railroader cyclopedia volume 2 diesel locomotives, is a good side view front and rear line drawings, I hope this will help you
rkcarguy

Post by rkcarguy »

If you can't find anything with dimensions, I don't think it would hurt to buy a quality HO scale model and a set of cheap machinist calipers, and start scaling it up. That's what I did for my Baldwin S-12 I'm working on, plus I used what few dimensions/drawings I could find online as "check" dimensions.
In my case our local train show provided a $10.00 Athearn Blue Box S-12, it was right on except the hood width was wider to fit the electric motor, and it turned out to be a blessing because my Honda GX390 and hydraulic drive setup will just barely fit.
davidqueener

Post by davidqueener »

Please contact me offline, and I think I can help you with some prototype drawings.

Dave Queener
Pastor, St. Paul Presbyterian Church
www.StPaulPres.com (865) 209-5654

Owner, Cumberland Model Engineering
www.CumberlandModelEngineering.com (865) 947-7935