Signal Suppliers

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

JimJam

Re: Signal Suppliers

Post by JimJam »

Hi Guys -

"I'm Boston Locomotive Works !" Thanks for the kudos One-Inch-Railroad.

Yes. I'm still plugging away on my signal project. Albeit, sometimes at the speed of a glacier. Thanks to 3D printing I'm printing patterns to have them cast. They're coming out nicely, but its expen$ive. Recently, the signal box latch handles came back from Shapeways. They were printed in bronze and look great.
DSC_1186.JPG
It looks like the semaphore will be ready before the search light signal. I have 14 spectacles cast in bronze and ready for the colored glass (aka roundels.). The gear box on the pole has been printed and needs to be cast in bronze. I'm still working on the core.
DSC_1178.JPG
DSC_1181.JPG
DSC_1175.JPG
Another aspect of this semaphore project is the motor and linkage to move the semaphore arm. The goal is to have everything fit inside the signal box. (These signals are true 1 1/2" scale.) In doing my research I found a supplier of a servo controller that will add the famous "bounce" of the lower quadrant semaphore. I thought I'd have to come up with a spring arrangement to get that bounce. But these controllers will help immensely.

BTW, I don't have a web page any more. The web provider (Mocha Host) was a PITA with billing and taking payment.

Take care. Stay tuned.

- Jimi -
Boston Loco Works
McNown

Re: Signal Suppliers

Post by McNown »

Looks great Jimi. Enjoy seeing your project come together.