UK request for parts to be made - Max 46.5mm Dia Stainless

This forum is for those individuals or small business to solicit requests for Service from those members of our group. Machining, Foundry work, Sheet Metal work etc. This site makes no guarranty of work or represenation by the users of this site. It merely attempts to provide a place to allow individuals the opportunity to meet and discuss needs and capabilities.

Moderator: Harold_V

Fat Rich

UK request for parts to be made - Max 46.5mm Dia Stainless

Post by Fat Rich »

Greetings all!

As per the title I am after a few bespoke pieces made from stainless steel (polished of course) for my new show bike - a 1995 Suzuki RF900

Part numbers obtained from http://www.robinsonsfoundry.co.uk/conte ... rframe.htm

The largest diameter piece is:

- spacer for the front wheel at 46.5mm part number 54740-17C00

- spacer for the rear wheel is about 40mm part number 64741-17E00

then there is a the really bespoke bit that would look the nuts - the covers that are plastic, but to be made from stainless, I have seen some done. Larger one is 46mm max diameter:
- 43585-47D01
- 43585-21E00

The couple of bits I need for the front brake lever are
- 57437-32C01 (but with a head like 57431-05A00)
- 57431-17C00 (but with a head like 57431-05A00)

If this is within your skill set and lathe capability then please pm me with an indication of cost. If accepted I can then post you spares of all of the above parts for you to measure and copy.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this for me.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Harold_V

Re: UK request for parts to be made - Max 46.5mm Dia Stainle

Post by Harold_V »

You would be well served to include your location in your user profile, so those who might have an interest in attempting to help you with your quest will know where you reside. I'm sure you understand that if you are in Africa (I'm not suggesting that you are), you're not likely to be served by someone in the US.

If you choose to remain hidden from view, you most likely won't receive any help.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Fat Rich

Post by Fat Rich »

Cheers Harold. Profile now adjusted. I'm in the South East of England, so prob best served by a UK member.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Well done, Rich.
We have a very polite readership here, with folks more than willing to lend a hand in most instances. We even have several readers from the UK, so chances are reasonable that you will receive some offer of help.

Wishing you success in your quest!

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Fat Rich

Post by Fat Rich »

Fantastic Harold. I look forward to it :-)
Fat Rich

Post by Fat Rich »

So these are the things I want done most in stainless steel with this side polished

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab26 ... ldrfsl.jpg

And this side I need the insert the same side as the inside of each. As then I'll cut some old plastic ones down and glue the plastic onto the metal giving me a usuable insert

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab26 ... u6lzxb.jpg