Anyone have a tool grinder

This forum is for those individuals or small business to solicit requests for Service from those members of our group. Machining, Foundry work, Sheet Metal work etc. This site makes no guarranty of work or represenation by the users of this site. It merely attempts to provide a place to allow individuals the opportunity to meet and discuss needs and capabilities.

Moderator: Harold_V

stephenc

Anyone have a tool grinder

Post by stephenc »

Is there anyone with a tool grinder here who might be interested in grinding me a couple shaper tools .

In the near future I will have need for a dovetail cutter and a couple key way cutters
( 1/4 and 3/8 ) I'd like a rougher and finish tool ground on each key way cutter

I've tried a few times to get acceptable tools on my crappy grinder and they allude me still .

I'm not in a big hurry for the tools and when I order the hss blanks I can have them shipped directly to you . And I'd be more then happy to pay you for your time .

Thanks
earlgo

Re: Anyone have a tool grinder

Post by earlgo »

stephenc:
You might try one of two shops in the area:
1) Fox Tool Company
1471 Main St
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
Jason Fox 330-928-3402
sales@foxtoolcompany.com

2) Heisler Tool
38228 Western Parkway
Willoughby, OH 44094
Tim McCord 440-951-2424
mfg@heislertool.com

Heisler tool is in the same neighborhood as Spee-d-metals in Willoughby across from the Lost Nation airport.
Of the two, Heisler is more expensive, but really good. I used Heisler when I was rowing the corporate galley for GE.
Fox is less expensive but run by the son of the original owner.

--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.