Metric rotary broaching

This forum is for those individuals or small business to solicit requests for Service from those members of our group. Machining, Foundry work, Sheet Metal work etc. This site makes no guarranty of work or represenation by the users of this site. It merely attempts to provide a place to allow individuals the opportunity to meet and discuss needs and capabilities.

Moderator: Harold_V

jcfx

Metric rotary broaching

Post by jcfx »

Does anyone have a rotary broach ?
I need three square head nut socket tools made, they're like drum tuning keys
except I want them made of tool steel, I don't think the cast zinc one's I'm finding
are going to hold up to use ( I'm using it for tightening my Tripan tool holders, bit holding screws)
and buying a rotary broach with a 6mm square bit doesn't make economical sense
for just three tools ( believe me I tried to justify buying one :D ).

It's nothing fancy like a drum key just a straight 15mm rod with a metric 6mm square female socket
I can add a t- bar myself.

I can supply the tool steel of your working preference, pre drilled for broaching and pay for your time,
plus to and from shipping.
I'm located in NY.
Steggy

Re: Metric rotary broaching

Post by Steggy »

jcfx wrote:Does anyone have a rotary broach ?
I need three square head nut socket tools made, they're like drum tuning keys
except I want them made of tool steel, I don't think the cast zinc one's I'm finding
are going to hold up to use ( I'm using it for tightening my Tripan tool holders, bit holding screws)
and buying a rotary broach with a 6mm square bit doesn't make economical sense
for just three tools ( believe me I tried to justify buying one :D ).

It's nothing fancy like a drum key just a straight 15mm rod with a metric 6mm square female socket
I can add a t- bar myself.

I can supply the tool steel of your working preference, pre drilled for broaching and pay for your time,
plus to and from shipping.
I'm located in NY.
What's wrong with using an 8-point socket, along with a ratchet?
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
jcfx

Re: Metric rotary broaching

Post by jcfx »

I never knew eight point sockets were made !

But eight point sockets are hard to find in metric sizes, after you mentioned it
I did a search and Snap On does make a 6mm but the body is rather large at 17mm diameter.
I'd rather a custom made t- bar style one which would work better for me as I constantly misplace sockets.