metal shaper casting

This forum is for those individuals or small business to solicit requests for Service from those members of our group. Machining, Foundry work, Sheet Metal work etc. This site makes no guarranty of work or represenation by the users of this site. It merely attempts to provide a place to allow individuals the opportunity to meet and discuss needs and capabilities.

Moderator: Harold_V

steve70

metal shaper casting

Post by steve70 »

I have a 6 x 18 craftsman metal lathe. I would like to trade for castings to build a gingery shaper. thank you. steve c. 8)
steamin10

Re: metal shaper casting

Post by steamin10 »

I saw your original post. It took me some time to respond. I think there are 5 major pcs to this small project. Do you have the weight in aluminum castings material to cover it? Bell housings, wheels or similar auto parts of fairly clean metal? I do most of my casting in Petro.. I have larger flasks from a commercial foundry, and use a #16 crucible. I need an excuse to drag out my equipment and finish its setup. . Contact me on the personal message board here and we can talk some.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
WJH

Re: metal shaper casting

Post by WJH »

You could melt down your craftsman lathe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro