Can You Make a Splined Shaft for My Machine?

This forum is for those individuals or small business to solicit requests for Service from those members of our group. Machining, Foundry work, Sheet Metal work etc. This site makes no guarranty of work or represenation by the users of this site. It merely attempts to provide a place to allow individuals the opportunity to meet and discuss needs and capabilities.

Moderator: Harold_V

toddalin

Can You Make a Splined Shaft for My Machine?

Post by toddalin »

I just got a ShopMaster Eldorado Tri-Power. Unforetunatly, due to poor quality control at the factory (i.e., mis-located scale), I've broken a short splined shaft. The shaft is ~1.25" long and the metric equiivelent of 0.4" ID and 0.6" OD for the inner shaft and 0.7" OD at the four splines. The originals are sintered, but I guess aluminum would work. Or maybe someone recognizes the piece and has a source for it, or a similar shaft that could be modified to work.

ShopMaster tells me that they no longer stock this part, the manufacture has closed, and they have no plans to produce it, so there may even be some market here as this would appear to be a sacrificial piece.

I've had nothing but problems with this machine from the start. I was just getting them sorted out, then this. :cry:
Can anyone help?

Thanks

arthur.marks

Re: Can You Make a Splined Shaft for My Machine?

Post by arthur.marks »

What the heck - I can do it. Sending a PM...