Electrical problem bad vibration

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Duneracer

Re: Electrical problem bad vibration

Post by Duneracer »

I took both motors switch and wiring back to the motor electrical shop the new motor had one starter contact Welded together . The tech said it takes high electrical current to do that he also said there is different ways to wire what I have he is going to show me how to simplify the wires to Achieve the same thing I will try it. The Dayton motor was fine the Dayton motor is 5k921 I was not able to make a 10 thousands cut with the Dayton motor and And when polishing to make a mirror finish my hand can stall the motor that a problem now I have a bigger problem a lathe that don’t run but I will Figure it out with help or no help because quitting is for losers and I will not lose this battle I guarantee that . when I do get it fixed I will sell the small 9 inch Logan that will make a 50 Thousandths cut on steel I need the room
Duneracer

Post by Duneracer »

Problem solved I would bench test before wiring back on the machine every time it would work fine but when in the machine problems . When mounting the drum switch there was one Phillips screw and the other was a socket cap the thickness of the socket cap was limiting the travel of the lever 30 to 50 thousandth from completely indexed the switch and would cause the electrical problem
John Evans

Post by John Evans »

Mechanical wasn't it !!!
www.chaski.com
Duneracer

Post by Duneracer »

No it was not mechanical and that’s the problem with some people with a very narrow mind of thoughts people open your mine and look outside the box you may be able to solve problems some people may have with their electrical problem. I try again when I have a mechanical problem . Maybe
spro

Post by spro »

Lets not go there, Dune. No closed minds here. Every suggestion had merit.
Patio

Post by Patio »

nm
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!
spro

Post by spro »

close, wasn't it...