Belated intrducion

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

silence dogood

Belated intrducion

Post by silence dogood »

Hello, after a little surfing on this site, I found myself making a couple of comments in the Junk drawer. So I better introduce myself. Went to a technical high school, learned some machinery, welding, foundry, pattern making, eventually majored in electronics. Spent 4 yrs in army repairing crypto gear. Spent over 15 years repairing electronics mainly organs. When keyboards start selling for a hundred bucks each, I decided to tuned pianos and repaired spas. One day I got real sick, woke up in the hospital, and ended up retiring. Now I do wood and metal working for fun. Had a Unimat SL for years and then upgraded to a Lathemaster 8x14 and LMS 3960. Later came across a Levin with all the goodies at a great price. Got these machines with the wife's blessing( her father taught her how cut threads on his Sheldon when she was about 10). Already I'm learning a lot from you guys and was even able to contribute a pennys worth. By the way I live in Pendleton, Oregon, anybody that lives nearby, I'd be more than happy to have a cup of coffee with you.
Mark
JackF

Re: Belated intrducion

Post by JackF »

Hi Mark, welcome, glad you found us. As you have seen there is much to learn from the people here. We have at least one other member on this site in Pendleton and I am sure he will chime in shortly. :D It would be good to add your location to your profile so others will know where you reside. My wife and I pass through Pendleton frequently on our way to the Boise area and will be moving to Caldwell soon. When we have more time I would like to stop by and meet you and our other member, sort of a mini shop crawl. :wink: :D

Jack.