Are Cordless Tools Evil?

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

ronm

Re: Are Cordless Tools Evil?

Post by ronm »

I thought I'd fool 'em on the high-dollar stuff too, bought a Harbor Freight drill-driver on sale. it worked...once...literally about 30 seconds, & the gears sounded like a coffee grinder in there. So I took it back, got a garden hose & torch cart in trade. the hose lasted one summer, the cart is still working...
I just got a Ridgid set for Christmas with a drill-driver, impact driver, & a radio for a bonus...first Lithiums I've had too, we'll see how it goes...
Joe_B

Post by Joe_B »

The only issue I have had with my Hitachi LiPo powered tools is when the battery gets low, they just shut off. No warnings like slowing down, they just stop and that is a PITA when you are up on a roof or under a car. But if that keeps the batteries alive longer, I guess I will live with it.
BadDog

Post by BadDog »

Another thing about Rigid (and some others?) is the charge indicator. My LXTs give almost no warning before they stop, and as said, that can be frustrating if you're hunkered down in blown fiberglass crawled 30' from the nearest open area, and it just... stops...
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper