Another new member

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

murgie

Another new member

Post by murgie »

Hello, I just joined up this week and now want to introduce myself. I used to be a CNC programmer/operator back in the day, running GE1050 control on Lodge and Shipley slant bed lathes. Also add a HAAS VF-4 machining center to my resume. Then, about 15 years ago, I changed jobs to work in the IT field.

All those years, I kept my hobby shop. I have a Bridgeport 9x42 knee mill, an Atlas 7" shaper and an old 1911 LeBlond flat belt 13 x 39 lathe. Just this week, I add a Acu-Rite DRO to the lathe. I can't wait to try it.

I hope throw a couple of pics later of my two machines.

I hope I can add to the conversations and hope to tug on you'all shop aprons, when needed.
Russ Hanscom

Re: Another new member

Post by Russ Hanscom »

Welcome, sounds like you have some interesting talents. Might want to add your general location never can tell who else might in the same area.
WJH

Post by WJH »

Welcome to the board!
spro

Post by spro »

Welcome to the board and your 3 machines which became two. Does your Atlas shaper sport the automatic traverse ?
murgie

Post by murgie »

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, shaper does have auto traverse.