Please Assist My Recovery.

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

dgoddard

Please Assist My Recovery.

Post by dgoddard »

If you are one of the persons here with whom I have shared my e-mail address. please send me an e-mail

My old, decrepit, slow, "ancient software", desktop computer has been pressed into service once more, as my laptop has died (failure to mount hard drive).

By sending me an e-mail I will be able to capture your e-mail address in this computer.

Please also take the following action:
Please attach a list of any other valid e-mail addresses for you that you would like me to have.

Note: My e-mail address is my only current valid e-mail address and has not changed recently. I have only had to stuff it into this ancient computer along with the arcane setup of my e-mail client software.

Miscellany:
The computer I am using right now is older than 2000 AD, (which in computer years is like the Paleolithic era).
The operating system is Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 2
The E-mail software is about as old as the operating system

This computer has now outlasted 3 laptops and is still running as fast as ever [which means it is rather sluggish, but hang it all it still works ! .That is more than I can say for 3 generations of laptops,(Drive A is even a 3.5 inch floppy, if you can remember those). ]

dgoddard
I never met anybody that I couldn't learn something from.
GlennW

Re: Please Assist My Recovery.

Post by GlennW »

I regret ever switching from Windows 2000 Pro.

Good luck with the recovery as it's no fun.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
stevec

Post by stevec »

GLENN! I almost broke my laptop screen trying to kill the bug on the left side of my screen! LOL
ronm

Post by ronm »

+1 - I had better luck with windows 2K than any other system I've ever run...sad day when they quit supporting it.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

You mean that bug isn't real?
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

I thought it was a micro drone.
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

What bug?
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!