CDCO Machinery Corporation

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

stevec

Re: CDCO Machinery Corporation

Post by stevec »

Wow!
Oldengineer

Post by Oldengineer »

stevec,
I'm extremely pleased with those readings, too. I purchased the lathe, new, in early 1978. It has been pampered for years and has seen very little heavy machining operations. The lathe also had many months of inactivity before my retirement. It is much more active now.
Most of the projects I do are model stationary steam engines. The lathe get used about 1/5, or less, of the time that my Clausing 8520 milling machine does... another perfect sized machine for what I do.
My shop is well equipped for what I do, and I must give ebay and ENCO a tip-of-the-hat for all of the peripherals necessary to have a rather complete operation.
TimTheGrim

Post by TimTheGrim »

By the way ...The backing plate is now spoken for and will be going to a new home.

Tim
Illigitimi non Carborundum
'96 Birmingham mill, Enco 13x40 GH and Craftsman 6x18 lathes, Reid 2C surface grinder. Duro Bandsaw and lots of tooling from 30+ years in the machining trades and 15+ years in refinery units. Now retired
Oldengineer

Post by Oldengineer »

Tim,

Again, I appreciate your generous offer. I'm glad it found a good home. :-)