cant see old age

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

golfpin

cant see old age

Post by golfpin »

wonderful new year to all . .........now help please how do I increase the font [letter size ] on my chaski site all other sites are legible please note i am an idiot on the pc thanks golfpin
wsippola

Re: cant see old age

Post by wsippola »

It probably depends on the operating system your computer uses. On mine (Windows 7), you hold down CTRL and hit the + button or - button to change the display size. That zooms in everything, not just the font.
curtis cutter

Post by curtis cutter »

wsippola wrote:It probably depends on the operating system your computer uses. On mine (Windows 7), you hold down CTRL and hit the + button or - button to change the display size. That zooms in everything, not just the font.
This is good to know. I was beginning to think my laptop days were over because of the drool landing on the space bar and my chin on the touchpad. :)
Gregg
Just let go of it, it will eventually unplug itself.
golfpin

Post by golfpin »

What a Christmas new year gift thank u so much have just done it!!!!!!!!
WesHowe

Post by WesHowe »

At the risk of further confusing you, if you have a 3-button mouse with a scroll wheel (and they are common enough), holding down the control key while scrolling the wheel works the same, larger or smaller. You can "reset" things to "zero" zoom by using ctrl+0 (control and zero key).

I use this a lot viewing photos, even if the text is fully readable for me.
10KPete

Post by 10KPete »

I'll be darned. I just tried the scroll wheel on my Mac and it works!!! Wow. Like golfpin, now I won't have chin
marks on the mouse pad.

Thanks!!!

Pete
Just tryin'
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

WesHowe wrote:At the risk of further confusing you, if you have a 3-button mouse with a scroll wheel (and they are common enough), holding down the control key while scrolling the wheel works the same, larger or smaller.
I tried it. It doesn't work, at least on Windows XP.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
shootnride

Post by shootnride »

You guys are amazing. I just pulled one foot out of the tar pit :lol:

Happy New Year

Ted
Some people raise the IQ of the room when they enter.........others when they leave.
curtis cutter

Post by curtis cutter »

shootnride wrote:You guys are amazing. I just pulled one foot out of the tar pit :lol:

Happy New Year

Ted
Good morning Ted. I had lunch in Sacramento Wednesday while returning from Arizona. Nice place but I like my fir trees. :)
Gregg
Just let go of it, it will eventually unplug itself.
shootnride

Post by shootnride »

curtis cutter wrote:Good morning Ted. I had lunch in Sacramento Wednesday while returning from Arizona. Nice place but I like my fir trees. :)
Hi Curtis,

Ya, Sacramento can't compete with Washington for fir trees. I do a fair amount of motorcycling and have put on quite a few miles in Washington over the years. Twice I've been to a small BMW rally in the little town of Menlo just west of you, so I've likely been through Curtis as well. Nice state.

Ted
Some people raise the IQ of the room when they enter.........others when they leave.
Mr Ron

Post by Mr Ron »

Great New Years gift. I never knew I could zoom with the ctrl key and + or with the mouse. They both work on my XP system.
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
redneckalbertan

Post by redneckalbertan »

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
WesHowe wrote:At the risk of further confusing you, if you have a 3-button mouse with a scroll wheel (and they are common enough), holding down the control key while scrolling the wheel works the same, larger or smaller.
I tried it. It doesn't work, at least on Windows XP.
Going by memory, if you go to 'Control Pannel' then either 'mouse' or 'pointing device' or something else along those lines, you can change what each of the buttons does.