SPAM?

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

revrnd

SPAM?

Post by revrnd »

http://chaski.org/homemachinist/ucp.php ... =0&p=95360

I got this & another PM today.

I've never discussed anything CNC, so I imagine they're spamming quite a few members.
Harold_V

Re: SPAM?

Post by Harold_V »

A large number received the spam (including me), and have complained loudly. I'm waiting on an opinion from Marty. I'd just ban the sucker, but I'm not the administrator.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
spro

Post by spro »

It is broadcast yet not every member is listed so there is some filtering. If you go to "reply" everyone else has "remove" as default to anything you send. So right off, he wants that one person to respond and that isn't broadcast to the rest. Interesting.
Magicniner

Post by Magicniner »

Harold_V wrote:I'd just ban the sucker, but I'm not the administrator.
It looks like you have the house with you ;-)

- Nick
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Kinda bad form to go on a board with a CNC forum and say that you want to start a CNC forum.

Steve
earlgo

Post by earlgo »

I got it too. Perhaps 'he' is sending to anyone who has mentioned CNC in a reply.

I'm not interested either.

--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

got one too guess its part of enternet life. and I doubt it will improve. all ready if you post a interest in something. most venders will flood your computer add space with their garbage.

proable pulled those who posted on cnc forum.
wlw-19958

Post by wlw-19958 »

Hi There,
earlgo wrote:I got it too. Perhaps 'he' is sending to anyone who has mentioned CNC in a reply.

I'm not interested either.
I got that private message too and I've never participated
in the CNC forum and to my knowledge, I never mentioned
CNC in any of my posts.

Good Luck!
-Blue Chips-
Webb
hwboivin3

Post by hwboivin3 »

One forum is enough for me. I floated around a couple other sites years ago. By far, this was the best one and I figured I'd make this my home......no need for more forums. I don't have enough free time.
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

I got it too, and I can't even spell CNC.......

Same ol' rule....someone I don't know sends me a web link.....out it goes.

Spaminators......
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

I got it too , the red flags went up when I read about getting a free cnc machine . I said thanks for considering me but declined as I have no use for cnc stuff .... I looked at the web site , seems legit . Think he just went about it the wrong way .

Steve S
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

I musta' got a different message...

Mine stated that he was looking for Moderators and someone to answer questions for a new CNC web site that was starting up, but there was no link or mention of a name of the site.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!