Any UK machinists here, I'm looking for help finding a supplier?

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

AAA

Any UK machinists here, I'm looking for help finding a supplier?

Post by AAA »

About 15 years ago, when our business was based in Australia, we acquired several machinists dust coats, I think they were new Government surplus. They're made out of the normal materials, and have press studs down the front. The thing that makes them unique is that all the pockets are on the inside (it's hard to tell from the photos). The advantage being, that the pockets don't fill up with grinding dust and chips. The lower pockets can be accessed from slits in the side. We absolutely love these things, but they're coming to the end of their service life.
They were made by FRYER WORKWEAR LTD ENGLAND, who I believe has since gone out of business.
I'm wanting to know if this type of dust coat has a specific name and if there is any suppliers who makes something similar. Don't mind importing from the UK if need be. I can't find any suppliers in the US who make anything similar.
Thanks for your time.

Magicniner

Re: Any UK machinists here, I'm looking for help finding a supplier?

Post by Magicniner »

That's standard work wear in food factories.

https://www.foodsafetydirect.co.uk/clot ... ckets.html

Any good?
AAA

Re: Any UK machinists here, I'm looking for help finding a supplier?

Post by AAA »

Thanks mate! that's exactly what I was looking for. Using the key work "Food Trade Coat" I'm seeing lots of different examples.
Cheers!