A retrospective about ENCO

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

pete

Re: A retrospective about ENCO

Post by pete »

Many thanks Stephen, for a real change if you added the money exchange in there not robbing us quite as much as they were. If I recall correctly shortly before I bought mine on that MSC sale our money was pretty much at par yet there was almost a $1500 price diffence between the KBC U.S. price and up here. I even sent KBC an email complaining about it. The odd part was I got a call from KBC's ceo herself. She had a real good idea how long I'd been a customer and I'd bet knew how much I'd spent with them. "It cost's more to do business in Canada, shipping, wharehousing, yada, yada". I wasn't buying the $1500 worth, worked in the shipping business and said so. Told her KBC would be doing without my paltry little buying habits and haven't made an order with them since. I'd give up my shop before dealing with them again. And with your help that Google blocking isn't 100% effective. :-) Thanks again.