Irma

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

10 Wheeler Rob

Re: Irma

Post by 10 Wheeler Rob »

I recently got a place near Lake Wales and the report yesterday from a neighbor was no apparent damage. Power is still out as of this AM.

Hope all is well for others in the affected region.

Rob
Mr Ron

Post by Mr Ron »

I have friends in Vero Beach and Tampa. They survived with little damage.
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
Jerry_H

Post by Jerry_H »

It seems that, here in St. Cloud we made out quite well. I've not seen a tree down on a house yet. Maybe 20% of the structures have a few asphalt shingle tabs blown off but most have no damage at all.

I think Someone up there has been looking out for us.

Jerry
www.chaski.com
spro

Post by spro »

I believe you. As the wreckage is unfolded there are unknown others and that is Sad in many ways. We cannot control these things.
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

Everything is up and running here without damage with the exception of phone and internet at my house.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
wlw-19958

Post by wlw-19958 »

Hi There,
GlennW wrote:Everything is up and running here without damage with the exception of phone and internet at my house.
So, it begs the question: How were you able to post this reply?

Good Luck!
-Blue Chips-
Webb
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

I had phone and internet at my business, but no power until today. So, now that there is power here, I am connected to the world again.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Ahhh! An answer to my question, which was how you faired in the storm. I'd sent a PM, which I have since deleted. Good to hear you survived unscathed, Glenn. I was quite worried about your welfare.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

Thank you, Harold!
Glenn